My microblading experience with Zii was Awesome!! Its was painless and the atmosphere was so peaceful. It’s nice to have a shape with no makeup on and it look like my normal brows. They are perfect!! Zii you're Awesome thanks you!!!
After much research and contemplation, I decided to get my brows microbladed. Zii was prompt, professional, and personable. She emailed detailed instructions for directions to her studio and preparation for the procedure. During the procedure she was gentle, informative and assured that I was not having much discomfort. Zii also thoroughly explained after care and expectations. I am very confident in her as a make-up artist and beauty expert.
September 2016, I traveled to Washington, D.C. to train with the eyebrow and microblading queen @Neeziiebabiie. I received my certification and I am confident that I am well-equipped to provide a safe, sanitary, and beautiful brow experience.
What IS Microblading?
Microblading is also referred to as microstroking, eyebrow embroidery, 3D brows,etc. Microblading is a manual "hand" method of implanting semi-permanent cosmetics into your eyebrows creating extremely fine, natural looking hair strokes to make your brows look fuller!
How long does Microblading last?
Depending on your skin type and care, the pigment will fade slowly over 18-24 months.
Is Microblading painful?
Clients rate their pain between 0 and 2 on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the most painful). The service can be a little uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. However, a topical anesthetic is applied during to keep this to a minimum to where it is nearly painless.
How does it work?
The pigment is applied with a specific microblading tool that has a row of several fine needles to create thin hair like marks in the skin. The pigment is bladed just below the epidermis and the most shallow part of the dermis, making extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved, as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction. A touch up may be required depending on how the pigment locks into the skin.
How long does the service last? How much does it cost?
The appointment should take no more than 90 minutes (an hour and a half). The rate for microblading is $300. If you have ever received makeup service from Zii, then your rate is only $275!
Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere with consideration for a Microblading treatment?
• Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Circulatory disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Any bleeding disorders (doctor's note is required)
• You're taking blood thinning medication
• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
• You've recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 2 months)
• Old PMU
• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
• If you have a sunburn.
• After waxing (must wait 3 days)
• After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my service?
• Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
• Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
• Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
• No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
• Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
What can I expect during my service?
Before the appointment begins, you will be provided a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the microblading process.
The artist then draws on the eyebrow shape according to your liking. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size.
Next, a topical anesthetic is applied to numb the eyebrow area for 20-30 min. to reduce any discomfort.
Then, the microblading process starts. Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
Once that's finished, the brow area is cleaned thoroughly.
After the service, you will receive care instructions to enjoy your brows.
Is there any after-procedure care?
Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
• Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
• Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
• Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
• Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
• Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
What happens during the touch up?
The touch up is recommended 4-6 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, your artist will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color.
What's the Microblading healing process like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.